Monday, September 20, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.30

If you are not from the SOUTH then you might not know what COLLEGE FOOTBALL means to us...it's what we do every Saturday for three months...don't even think about having a wedding during these months and if you do...well you can count on having a very small crowd show up...I'm telling you...we have it bad!!! Since I'm one of these crazy fans then I miss out on going to garage sales during the big season, but I still can hit the thrift stores and that's just what I did last week. We usually were ORANGE tops to our games, but this week we were playing a team that also wears ORANGE so our school decided to wear our other school color...NAVY! I'm not a fan of navy and I don't own one navy top...so off to the thrift store I go...got really lucky and found a Tommy Hilfiger top for only...$1.00!!! Now Mr.CC also needed a NAVY shirt...so let's see what he spent on his...let me just say this...he didn't buy his at the thrift store...can you believe this?...he paid $45 for his...I guess we now know who's the THRIFTY one in this family!!! I can say this...he looked really good in his non-thrifty shirt...so that makes it okay in my book! Now what did you find this week while out THRIFTIN?

All ready for another down to the wire game...yes we went into overtime...and we WON!!! That's a good thing, since we had paid way too much for our tickets...I admit when it comes to AUBURN FOOTBALL I throw the word THRIFTY right out the door!!!



Now Haley's boyfriend is an ALABAMA alumni...so NO NAVY for him on GAMEDAY!!!



Guess my girls didn't get the e-mail about the navy tops...guess that's why Mary Claire stood out in the student section...yes that girl was on national TV again!!! Almost every home game she makes it on TV or on the jumbo screen in the stadium...even made the front page of the Auburn newspaper...now that's my girl!!!

****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Etsy shop or something similar (I will delete the link). If I see that your post is not really on track with the NTT theme and also if you don't link back, I'll delete your link...please don't make me do this. It's common courtesy to link back to the person having the party, so that all of your readers can find it too.
3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends.

New Friend Fridays

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



30 comments:

deb said...

What a fun time!! I love it when I need something specfic and the thrift has it.
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!

I know y'all love your football! Why not anyway? Our team is going to be bad this year--I am afraid...KU...new coach, etc.

Good luck to yours!

As always thanks for your great party!

love, kelee

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Looks like you had a great time! My son will be going up to Auburn for a game the end of Oct. Auburn HS that is!

raggygirlvintage said...

Looks like a great time! Up north we'e divided between hockey and soccer, but I did go to an Ohio State game (my cousin played) and it was quite an experience.
Tracey

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Look's like you all had a festive time! Thank You for hosting today. Have a good week...Julian

Blue Creek Home said...

And what a game it was! WAR EAGLE!!!

You all look great in your blue and orange.
I stayed with baby again but we watched it and he got loud when I did!!! I think I would have fainted in overtime if I had been there. I get so nervous.
Rhonda

Lynn said...

Looks like you have a great time at the games! I love football too:@)

Lori said...

I heart college football. Boomer Sooner! Hey we have to thrift shop, so the hubbies and kids can spend the savings!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your win!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great photos and congrats on your win!

Judy said...

what a nail biter that game was! My dog lost about a kazillion pounds of hair while David yelled at the TV. My daughter, son and daughter's friend went to the game so DIL and kids stayed with us, we cooked out and sat on the edge of our seats.

Don't know if we'll make any games this year but if we do, I'll let you know and we might meet somewhere.

Judy

Jeanne said...

Hi Linda, we too are college football fans. You may not like who we root for. My family are Florida Gators from the word go!!! My dh and 3 of my children are alumni and we have season tickets. Go Gators!!!
I love your post today and your photos are terrific. I understand your enthusiasm for your team completely. How awesome that your daughter gets her pics at the game in the paper. A fun post and who cares about thrift when it comes to following our favorite teams. Smile!
Hugs, Jeanne

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

looks like a blast! :)

Chrissie said...

Thanks for hosting the linky party! WAR EAGLE~
What a treat to find your blog! I am a new follower.

Susan Freeman said...

My husband is a Texan, so I know all about a Southerner's passion for football. I will say though that for David, golf can lure him away too. I'll be joining your party next Tuesday, so in the meantime I will enjoy today's participants!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

La said...

It looks like you had wonderful weather and a fabulous time. La

Sylvia said...

I am not a southern...hahaha...I have never seen so many Floridians love their college football. I personally love the NFL..Cowboys!!!

Sylvia

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Let me just say I was a NERVOUS WRECK during that game!! We didn't go, but watched in on tv and I seriously was a hot mess!!

When that poor child missed the field goal the second time he kicked it (bless his heart) I came straight up out of my seat with both hands in the air screaming "HE MISSED IT! HE MISSED IT!!" This week? I don't even want to think about it quite yet....YIKES!!

Ya'll looked great!

WAR EAGLE!

Lou Cinda :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, You know we were rooting for Auburn! I did have two booths in Smiths as well as Bienvenue. Smith's Antiques is still my favorite. Hubby & I are going to Destin 10/6 for our Grandsons birthday and I will be shopping there. Might better bring an extra bag.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Football and frugal do not go hand in hand. We love our Oregon Ducks also but this year gave up our season tickets. Hubby says he likes the best seat in the house - his icky recliner. I think he just didn't like the cold and rain that we get here in Oregon :)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Great game~ I love the pictures of y'all tailgating.
~war eagle~

Donna said...

I thought about you when I watched the game on Saturday. Looks like you had a great time.
There is just something about college football and living in Alabama.
Hugs,
Donna

Cass @ That Old House said...

How neat to have something the whole family can enjoy and root for! I laughed when you wrote about your husband's shirt --- my sister and I swear that when men go shopping, they just open their wallets and say, "OK, just take what you want."

But you both looked great!
Cass

Jeralee said...

Football is big here as well with PAC-10 - University of Oregon Ducks. I am not much of a fan, but hubby is nuts about it!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for visiting me at Elizabeth Ann's. Next time you're headed this way please let me know. Mr. EA and I are coming your direction in a few weeks, can not WAIT!

Ok it was hard for this Roll Tide - Alabama girl to get excited about the reason you needed a navy shirt, but I do love a bargain so I'll say good for you! ;-)

Like I asked Judy, can we still be friends? I do actually pull for Auburn to win as long as their winning will not effect Alabama's standing.

I enjoyed reading your blog, stayed waaaay too long!

Joyfully,
Elizabeth Ann

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Our football colors are orange too! (and Navy).
We got seasons tickets this year and went to the game Saturday night but neither of us had orange shirts to wear. Felt so out of place. Guess I'll be hitting the thrift stores looking for SU colors...thanks for the idea!

Lindy said...

I had to show my husband your pictures - he loved it!

Sharing with Sherri said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment! I'll be sure to join your Nifty Thrity Tuesday sometime now that I've discovered it!

Sherri:)

Anonymous said...

So sad I missed the party. I'll have to come back for the next one. By the way, you and your hubby look great in your navy shirts.
April @ HomeHinges.com

Lauren @ 31diy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm glad to have found yours. I love it already, and am now following. I can't wait to join in the link party next time. :)

Best,
Lauren
http://31diy.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails