Monday, September 27, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.31

Finally it's starting to feel like FALL here on the gulf coast...our forecast for the week has our temps in the 80's! I know that to some of you that still doesn't come near your FALL temps, but for us it's HUGE...we are finally getting out of the 90's...so with these cooler temps what's a gal to do? Get a move on and start some FALL NESTING! It's going to be a lot of fun this year because I will be shopping my house instead of going out and buying MORE stuff...on top of that...I'm winning some brownie points with Mr.CC (he is all about me cutting back on home decor...MEN)! Now you know what I have been up to...so now it's your turn to share with all of us what you have been doing!

Do you remember these FREE flowers that I found at the dumpster last month while I was moving my daughter into her new college condo?


I used a $8 vase that I found last year in a home decor consignment shop and added some bamboo from one of my favorite stores...DOLLAR TREE!

Another DOLLAR TREE goodie!


****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Please do not link to an Etsy shop or something similar (I will delete the link). If I see that your post is not really on track with the NTT theme and also if you don't link back, I'll delete your link...please don't make me do this. It's common courtesy to link back to the person having the party, so that all of your readers can find it too.
3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends.
I'm linking to these FUN parties!
The DIY Showoff Project Parade
I Made The World Cuter Today
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It For Monday
Take-a-Look Tuesday

28 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Thanks for hosting!! Great to see you!

Anonymous said...

You really scored with those flowers! I love sunflowers.

Karena said...

Linda those are really beautiful!! I will come up with something great!

Karena
Art by Karena

Blondie's Journal said...

I am so glad that you have gotten around to normal temps. It makes getting things done so much more pleasant.

Love your pretty floral arrangement and vase. Hurray for you. And shopping the house is the BEST!

xoxo
Janie

La said...

Looks great Linda!

I went to the Michigan v. Bowling Green football game this weekend in Ann Arbor. As we were waiting for the shuttle to take us to the Big House, two Auburn fans walked up and got in line. I asked them if they made a wrong turn. They were actually from Georgia and traveled all that way to watch the game. I thought of you because I knew you were an Auburn fan.

Have a great week! La

The Charm of Home said...

Linda,
Mr. Linky is missing? Love your flowers, they look great how you displayed them.
Sherry

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Mr. Linky is having some problems...he was working when I posted today and then he went away...I'm sure he is working on this...so please check back:)

Blessings,
Linda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hi Linda, I love your beautiful and thrifty floral arrangement. The little pumpkin looks so cute nestled in the burlap....great idea.
Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to visiting all the creative folks;-)

Blue Creek Home said...

Mr Linky seems fine now!
And, yes temperatures in the 80's is a big deal here!!! I am so excited that it's finally cooler.

Rhonda

Judy said...

I loved this morning when I got out bright and early to run some errands and looked at the temp in the car around 9:30....it was 66 degrees!

How about those Tigers?

War Eagle!
Judy

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Hi Linda, Love your fall floral arrangement! Thanks for hosting such a fun linky party, I linked up the outdoor kitchen reveal as promised.
Enjoy the cooler weather!
Rose

Sue said...

Your flowers look great and don't you love white pumpkins? I'll be back after I take a few pictures.

Lallee said...

No fall temps here in Florida yet, but your flowers could put me in the mood. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

So smart of you Linda, to shop your house instead of spending money like I did! The flowers look great.

Diann said...

Love your freebie flowers! they look great

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, Your flowers and vase are lovely. I started decorating for Fall today since the temp has dropped into the 80's. A lot better than Friday at 98 degrees! Take care.
Hugs, Sherry

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting Linda

blessings

barbara jean

Donna said...

Linda,
I can't believe what people throw away! I love free stuff and Dollar Tree finds. Love your sunflowers and it feels like Fall here today too!
Hugs,
Donna

Mary said...

It was 113 degrees here today, wow! Anhway, I love finding things in or by the trash. I love the Fall flowers that you scored. Thanks for hosting! Mary :O)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your arrangement looks so pretty.I love thrifty finds. It is in the 80's here finally so I need to start thinking fall decor.
Tried to link to your party but Mr.Linky is being stuborn. Annette

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

Love your thrifty finds! and especially the darling white pumpkin peaking out of the burlap bag... Happy Fall!

:D Lynda

Patti's Artful Design said...

Love your Fall decor! Happy to be joining the Nifty Thrifty blogging party today!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

It's going to be muggy and near 80 here in New England today! I've been shopping my nest too for the fall and having lots of fun! Thanks for hosting!!

Gail said...

Linda, Thanks for hosting and I love your fall arrangement.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Gail

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

What a way to be thrifty!!! They look great! I totally understand about the cutting back. We had to do that but I did end up spending about $30 on some additional fall items! I tried!

Thanks for hosting again!

Susan Freeman said...

Cutting back ~ I'm not sure that phrase is in my vocabulary. I can be pretty thrifty, but I'm all about the decorating. Your floral arrangement is lovely and you have inspired me to start decorating for fall. Thanks for the fun party!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sara B. said...

Linked up for the first time! Thanks for hosting. :)

Unknown said...

Love the flowers (especially free)! Dollar Tree had some really great stuff for the fall and Halloween season this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails