Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.70

Hello everyone...hoping all of y'all are having a good time with family and friends today cooking out and maybe even taking in some beautiful fireworks. Here at Coastal Charm we are working like crazy on this upcoming wedding today...the girls are out buying candy for the favors...we are having a "candy table" display with cute little candy bags that the bride has put together (more on that later). Mr.CC is out working in the yard...doing some much needed yard work before our out of town company arrives and I've been making these moss covered "N" letters to go on the doors at the country club. I think this just might be the first July 4th that we have not celebrated with a cookout and fireworks...oh well...we will survive...maybe after the wedding we should have one HUGE cookout to celebrate that we pulled this BIG day off...whatcha think? Thanks to all of you who voted last week on the links at the party...I was happy to see that so many of you had done this and now here is the results. If you are listed here...please be sure to grab my little starfish "I was featured at Coastal Charm" button for your blog. Looking forward to seeing all you NIFTY THRIFTY items and ideas...so let's get this party rolling!!!!
                                              Happy that you came by and
                                             please be sure to invite all your
                                                    friends to the party,
                                                               Linda

                                            I'm very happy with the results and
                                                    for only $9.50 each...I
                                                      would say that these
                                                             are very 
                                                      NIFTY THRIFTY!!
                                                It's still up in air if I'm going to
                                                    hang them by ribbon or
                                                       use fishing line...the
                                                           doors are glass.
                                           The letters are those gold ones you
                                            have all seen at Hobby Lobby...at
                                                    50% off...I never pay full
                                                        price at this store!
                                          Wrap the front...then glue down this piece
                                              on the back for a perfect look...must
                                                  look good front and back when
                                                      displaying on glass doors!
The moss was purchased at Michaels...$13.99...less
40%...$8.39. Okay ladies...always
be sure to use those coupons!
1st place is...Embracing Change (11)
                                           2nd place is Embracing Change (8)
3rd place is...The Modern Cottage Company (6)
4th place is...Fishtail Cottage (5)

Come join me at the following parties...
****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****

1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post where it is easy for others to find it...the more people at the party...the more fun we will all have here.

2. This party is for sharing thrifty finds from garage sales, thrift stores, consignment shops, craigslist and even those awesome deals that you find at any retail store. Also you can share any thrifty DIY projects...love seeing what y'all can make on a dime!

3. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN and what a great way to meet new friends. I would love for you to add yourself as a follower if you haven't already and please let me know, I love to know when I have a new friend. I appreciate all your comments, they really make my day.

25 comments:

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Sorry that I linked up twice! Don't know what happened the first time. Thanks for hosting and I hope you are having a happy 4th (even though you are super busy)! The N's look AWESOME!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Linda, I know you must be so excited as the wedding gets closer. The moss letter is wonderful. Thank you for being such a gracious hostess.
xo,
Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

The moss letters look great! You all must be getting very excited about the wedding!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Great job on the moss letters...especially making it look good on BOTH SIDES! Thanks for hosting!!!

Lindy said...

Love, love, love the monogram!!! Hope you're having a great 4th!!!!!

Judy said...

Hi Linda! Your letters turned out great, glad you used the sheet moss like I did. The big day will be here too, try to slow down and enjoy the ride!

Judy

Susan said...

Your letters look awesome!!

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Love the monogram.. can't wait to see where you hang it. I would love to see it on a glass door. Thanks for hosting.

laxsupermom said...

Love the monogrammed letters! So smart using the sheet moss runners. Thanks for sharing and for hosting this party each week.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love your mossy letters Linda!

Sue said...

Linda- I didn't know that Michael's carried sheet moss runners! I paid waaaay more for one at a florist shop! yikes- what was I thinking? Your moss monogram looks wonderful!! Thanks once again for hosting the party. ~ Sue

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Fun, fun, fun!

bj said...

I love these letters. Great idea.
Thanks so much for hosting...:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Linda those moss letters look great!! Love that idea and I also love the idea of having a big b-que bash after the wedding!! Martina

Curtains in My Tree said...

I really like the letter N .

I would like to have to hang on my front door? below the glass for something different

thanks for our after 4th party I enjoy all the pictures

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for hostessing!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your moss letter!! What a great creation!!

Hugs,
Debbie

deb said...

Lovin' the moss letters!!

I know what a hectic time it is for you. I was just glad when my sons was finally over! LOL I think it took me a week to recooperate!
Hoping all goes smoothly and I know it will be beautiful!
*hugs*deb

Sylvia said...

Linda, the moss letter turned out cute! They would look perfect in my porch..hehe

Sylvia

Honey at 2805 said...

Thanks for hosting, Linda.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting Linda!! :)

Debra said...

LOVE your 'N'! And a great deal to boot! Thanks for hosting.

Sue said...

Thanks for hosting a really fun PARTY!!! I'm new to blogging and am having just the best time finding so much in blog land! I have thrift store shopped for years and am so happy to be able to combine this new interest of blogging and my treasures!! I am also your newest follower....so happy to be here!
Blessings.....Sue

Sylvia said...

Hi Linda, you asked how much I paid for my flea market demijohn...$25.00...he wouldnt come down in price but I think that price is still worth it.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I featured this project on my blog for my favorite projects of the week! LOVE IT!! Check yourself out at http://howtonestforless.com/2011/07/08/lessons-learned-my-favorite-projects-july-8th/

Related Posts with Thumbnails