Monday, April 26, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays No.9

I hope everyone had a great weekend...I've had a great time here at my beach condo...moved some furniture around while Mr.CC wasn't here (surprise honey)...soaking up some rays...taking late afternoon walks along the beach and working on some THRIFTY projects that I will be sharing with you later. I didn't go out to garage sales, but I did make a stop at a local thrift store last week and found some THRIFTY goods. I know I can count on all of you for finding some awesome treasures...so lets see what you found this week.

I have a great idea...this week at NTT... PLEASE go by at least 15-20 blogs and comment...tell them that you came by from NTT...I bet you will find lots of new friends and see some outstanding stuff...give it a try and let me know if you had a FUN time!
I found this glass cloche with a $2.74 price tag...put one of my cute $2.00 nest in it and I'm lovin' the look!
I have been looking for some bottles and here is what I found...small bottle on the left .99...large bottle in the middle $1.74...the bottle on the right was $2.48...I have a couple of ideas on how I'm going to use them...read on to found out!
A few weeks ago Sharlotte@Ms. Sharlotte's Southern Reflections shared these fabulous bottles with us at NTT...I knew as soon as I saw them, that I had to make some...so this is one idea!Second idea is to use this bottle for mouthwash (just need to get a cork for the top).I like having items in my guest bath for all our overnight guests.WW cookbook for $1.98...Mr.CC and I are still on this plan and lovin' how it's working for us...I have lost 12 pounds and feel sooooo much better.New shower curtain hooks @.99!Remember my cute little $1.50 Ironstone pitcher from a few weeks ago? Well she has found a home right here on my mantel.

****Please everyone, follow these guidelines!****
1. Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like, include the NTT button in your post (copy and paste the html code under the button…the button is located on my sidebar). Please make sure that you have put my NTT button or my blog name with a link on your post. I have seen that some of you have forgot to do this…so this is just a sweet reminder.
2. Please go and visit the other participates and leave a comment about their treasures and thrifty ideas…this is what makes the PAR-TAY so much FUN! What a great way to meet new friends.

28 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh I love all your thrifty finds Linda. I especially like those bottles. They are beautiful and the price can't be beat. Thanks for sharing. It is always such a joy to visit your blog daily. Be blessed. Cindy

Sue said...

Oh...I love the idea of the shell stoppers in the bottles, I can't wait to see how yours turn out. You really got a great buy on the cloche...love it with the nest!

Sue

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love all your thrifty finds. Great idea to use that bottle for mouthwash for your guests. Congrats on the weight loss. I may have to try WW.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful thrifty finds. Love the bottles and a cloche is always a good find.

deb said...

I seen the shell stoppers, they are going to look great. So fitting for your beachy condo!
Great idea for the mouthwash.
Great finds!!
*hugs*deb

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Great finds!! Everything is so cute!

Just to let you know, I have a giveaway going on right now for a $40 CSN Stores gift card. Come check it out!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Great finds, Linda! I love the bottles...what fun! I hope you are enjoying your time at the beach...hugs...Debbie

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You were so lucky to get that cloche top - what a deal! Pretty bottles, too. Linda

Katie said...

Good eye!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Love those bottles. A great place for the pitcher. It belongs there. Thank you for hosting.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Congrats on a gain of delightful goodies and a loss of 12 pounds!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting, this and every other week!

Congrats on the weight loss and what great finds! I especially love the bottles and what you've done with them, can't pick a favorite (although I think the mouthwash one is close..)!

Wendy said...

Thank you so much for hosting! I stop by every week to see everyones finds! I am so excited to link up today!
Smiles :)
Wendy

Marie said...

Hello sweet Linda - Thank you for hosting another fun party! Love your treasures. And the pitcher looks fabulous on its new home on the mantel!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Unknown said...

I never regret it when I stop to party!! NTT has the friendliest friends :):)

Thanks for having us again Linda!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Glad you had fun at the beach. Love all your treasures you found! Love & blessings from NC!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Thanks so much for hosting I just LOVE your blog!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Unknown said...

More excellant finds as usual. Shower curtain hooks for $.99? I need to find me some of those!

Maureen said...

Love your bottle collection. I need to look for some also, as I've been thinking about decanting my shampoo, body wash etc. into pretty bottles. Hope I find some as nice as yours & for a great price to boot! Thanks for the invite to NTT.

Judi said...

I'm really lovin' the bottles too! All great finds. Judi

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Thanks for hosting your blog party each week, it's a hoot! Love your bottle finds, I have a similar group which I'm going to fix up soon. Can't wait to see what you do with yours. Love the shower curtain print, btw. Lovely

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Great finds! I'm so into bottles right now! You can do so many things with them. Congrats on the weight loss!

Manuela

alice said...

Linda,
Great find on the cloche. The bottles are perfect!
smiles, alice

Donna said...

Hi Linda, I love the new look to your blog, very fresh! Thanks for hosting, as always great finds. Your little ironstone pitcher was meant to be on your mantel and your bottles are great for lots of different uses. Thanks for sharing! Donna...the 3rd sister.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the bottles; great finds! and congrats on the 12 pounds you have misplaced... I am afraid I found them!
Cass

Cindy said...

Linda, I just found your blog from Debra at Common Ground. I love all of your ideas. I too, am a garage sale and thrift store addict. It is so fun to stumble onto such treasures and find creative ways to use them in our homes.

Monica said...

Lovely finds and projects, Linda! Love the cloche and the bottles, I also store soap in a glass jar.
Have a beautiful weekend,
Monica.

beachhouse etc. said...

loving all this creativity over here i am your newest fan club member

suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails