Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Family Heirlooms

Family heirlooms are such a delight to have and my mother-in-law left me some beautiful things....over the years I have used many of her treasures in our home and today I thought I would share a couple of them with you. I will post more of her treasures in the next couple of weeks...I have so many beautiful antique pieces to pass on to our daughters...I hope they appreciate them as much as I do.

Here in my dressing area is a collection that I display....I truly treasure all her beautiful things!

Lovely Vintage Pin...I can just see her wearing this to church on Sundays!

Vintage Pearl Evening Handbag....I have used it for weddings and nights out on the town!

8 comments:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Thanks for commenting on House of Turquoise! I love these images. Displaying heirlooms is not only beautiful, but a great tribute and way to keep memories alive!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love the beaded hand bag and the hat. So feminine!

Dirt Princess said...

I would love to get all dolled up like that everyweek, gloves, hat, pins....so frilly

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love how you have displayed all these precious things. I love the pin the best.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Just beautiful treasures! They are displayed so beautifully too. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Very beautiful things!

Blessings!
Gail

Cass @ That Old House said...

How lovely that you display her things so beautifully. I love that pearl purse -- it's so chic!
Cass

Marie said...

Well hello there Linda! Love all your vintage-y treasures! Oh my. So fabulous. That pin is my fave. The colors are gorgeous!

Thank you for joining me for the party!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails